Have a favorite cookbook or recipe? We've come across a few cookbooks we find especially delicious, and thought we should share them, and a favorite recipe that's perfect for tomato season!
- Local Flavors: Cooking and Eating from America's Farmers' Markets by Deborah Madison
- Farmer John's Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables by John Peterson
- Simply In Season by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
- Seasonal Fruit Desserts: From Orchard, Farm, and Market by Deborah Madison
- Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison
- From Asparagus to Zucchini by MACSAC and Doug Wubben
Tomato & Basil Pasta
salt and pepper
red pepper flake
Slice cherry tomatoes in half, or quarters if large, and put in a bowl. Smash some of the tomatoes, creating some juice in the bottom of the bowl.
Mince garlic and add to tomatoes. Rip or finely chop basil and add to tomatoes. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Drizzle the mixture with olive oil, enough to generously coat the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours if possible.
Cook pasta as directed. When cooked, toss with tomato mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe is from Jaime at Wayward Seed Farm.
Our vendors for Wednesday, July 11th include:
Hirsch Fruit Farm
GoldenLife Dog Food
Oink Moo Cluck
Weed Knob Acres
Wayward Seed Farm
Dan the Baker
SaraBee Pure Honey
Blue Jacket Dairy
Lucky Cat Bakery
Pies by the Pie Man
Speckled Hen Farm
Jam-Tastic Homemade Jams
R.A.W. Real and Wonderful
Spring Haven Farms
The Brown and Blond Bakery
Join us every Wednesday, May through September from 3:30-6:30PM!
Dublin Farmers' Market at Oakland Nursery
4261 West Dublin Granville Road
Dublin, Ohio 43017
For more information, or questions related to any of our services, please contact us via email at email@example.com. See you at the market!